Brisbane, Here Is Where You Should Take Your Next Picnic Basket
Summer has definitely set in, which means that it’s time to dust off your rugs, pack a basket and enjoy a picnic! It’s a good thing that Brisbane has some beautiful picnic spots that you will want to revisit all summer long.
Here is a round-up of some our favourite picnic locations in Brisbane:
Roma Street Parkland, Brisbane CBD
Talk about flowers! This parkland is located just a 10-minute walk from Brisbane’s CBD and boasts stunning gardens, filled with flowers of every colour. With an Alice in Wonderland feel, having a picnic in the Roma Street Gardens will feel like a floral-filled dream. Spend the day here with the family and take in the beautiful, and large, patch of nature right by the city.
Riverside Green Playground, South Brisbane
This is the ideal picnic location for parents who can’t find babysitters, but still want to enjoy an afternoon of nibbles and soaking up the sunshine. This park is a major hotspot for kids due to its amazing playground, and the BBQ and picnic areas have made it a hit for the whole family!
Brisbane Koala Bushlands, Burbank
Why not enjoy your picnic with the company with one of Australia’s favourite furry friends? At the Brisbane Koala Bushlands, you can sit amongst the koalas, fire up the public BBQ, and snack on the treats in our picnic hamper. Once you’re full and need to take a stroll, you can wander along the bushwalking tracks for a chance to connect with Australia’s beautiful bushland.
New Farm Park, New Farm
Take a step back in time at New Farm Park. This parkland is Brisbane’s largest century-old park that dates back to the 1800s when it was originally a farm. Sit amongst the 146 Jacaranda trees and take in the view of the city, as you graze on a picnic basket of goodies.
City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane CBD
With its cultural significance, these gardens are held close to the hearts of the people of Brisbane. With large trees and the feeling of serenity, a picnic at the City Botanic Gardens is the perfect way to spend a peaceful afternoon and give yourself a break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Wynnum and Manly Foreshore, Wynnum
If you’re looking to enjoy a picnic with a side of sea-breeze, then you’ll want to pack your picnic basket and head to the Wynnum and Manly Foreshore. With scenic views of the water, you can watch people walk or cycle by as you fill up on snacks and lose track of time.
Can’t be bothered preparing a picnic basket?
At Pretty Green, we have some amazing picnic hampers that are full of delicious Aussie-made treats. So, if you have a picnic coming up and are looking for a basket of goodies, here are some of our favourites from our collection:
- The Wild Traveller picnic basket: Because what’s better than a picnic with wine? A picnic with a wine glass holder! This basket has a wine stake to ensure that you never lose a drop.
- Just Add Cheese picnic basket: Because the best part of a picnic is cheese! Just add a wheel (or four) of your favourite cheese varieties and you’re all set with this picnic basket.
- Sweet Escape picnic basket: Because everyone is a sweet tooth right? This bundle of sweet snacks is the perfect way to satisfy those cravings after a lazy afternoon of laying in the park.
- Game Changer picnic basket: Because sticking to what you know is overrated. There are some interesting things in this hamper that are definitely worth trying out! Particularly, the ‘Game Changer’ hazelnut chocolate.
- Spice Masters Grill picnic basket: Because who doesn’t love a little spice in their life? If you’re lucky to score a picnic spot near a public BBQ, then you’ll be set with this hamper!